Non-Filed Returns‏

By law, all Americans are required to file their tax returns, every year, on time, if they meet the defined minimums as outlined each year by the Internal Revenue Service. Whether the IRS sends you a notice of nonfiling or not, it is your duty to file. Whether you receive a form in the mail or not (such as a 1099 or W-2), you still required to keep proper, adequate records, and file and pay on time.

We see countless self employed people who constantly tell us "Well I was not on the books for that job or that job! Therefore I do not have to file!", or "I didn’t receive any Form 1099’s, so I didn’t make much of anything last year!". Well, the IRS does not buy this, nor do we! Think about what you lived on this past year, food, clothing, shelter, vacations, auto payments, etc, etc.! Add those amounts up for last year. that is what the IRS will do! If these items add to, let us say $45,000, then you must have earned that much at least, and your tax return had better show at least that amount of earnings, (if you did not have any money saved, or get gifts form people, etc.)!

The IRS usually only requires the last 6 years of tax returns, maybe up to 10 years, but filing these does not mean that you complied with the laws of the United States if you skipped filed many, many more! The IRS may, out of the goodness of their hearts allow only the 6 or 10, but you still have violated the law!

What people have said about us

“Simply, you can trust Sherm and his team to help you.  They are the experts.  They are the ones with years of experience.  In tax matters dealing with the IRS you need an advocate who is understanding, knowledgeable, patient and most important, will listen to you.  Please do not hesitate to call Sherm, make that 1st phone call you’ve been thinking about and let him help you return to a more stress free life.”